Promise and Law
Is based on the Following Principles:
Duty to God - a person’s relationship with the spiritual values of life, the fundamental belief in a force above mankind.
Duty to others - a person’s relationship with, and responsibility within, society in the broadest sense of the term: his or her family, local community, country and the world at large, as well as respect for others and for the natural world.
Duty to self - a person’s responsibility to develop his or her own potential, to the best of that person’s ability.
The Scout Promise
On my honour I promise that I will do my best:
To do my duty to God and my Country;
To help other people;
and to keep the Scout Law.
The Scout Law
- A Scout is to be trusted.
- A Scout is loyal.
- A Scout is friendly and considerate.
- A Scout is a brother to all Scouts.
- A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
- A Scout makes good use of his time and is careful of is possessions and property.
- A Scout has respect for himself and for others.